POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4.0 Feature discussion : Re: 4.0 Feature discussion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4.0 Feature discussion
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 8 Sep 2000 08:31:27
Message: <39B8DAE9.B3A8B5D2@my-dejanews.com>
Warp wrote:

>   For example I don't want the mosaic preview every time, but only when
> doing test renders. I don't want mosaic preview in the final render because
> it will increase considerably the rendering time.

How much does it increase it?
If it's just a little bit more bookkeeping for the software, no problem.

If it actually throws away the first few scans, then it's much less useful**1
and not like Bryce's progressive render as I understand it.

**1 If you're doing command line rendering, yeah, it's no biggie either type
+SP or not type it.  If you have to edit your INI each time, it's more of a
biggie.