POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fibonacci Stones (142KB) : Re: Fibonacci Stones -> Mosaic image (75KB) Server Time
3 May 2024 01:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fibonacci Stones -> Mosaic image (75KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 5 Sep 2000 17:18:49
Message: <39B561E7.BC0D7B11@online.no>
Chris Huff wrote:

> In article <39B517ED.F7229D48@online.no>, Tor Olav Kristensen
> <tto### [at] onlineno> wrote:
>
> > Or is it possible to read from an image file with
> > standard POV ?
>
> Not unless it is an ASCII format.

So I could read an uuencoded image then ? =)

> However, you could position the blob
> component at the origin, rotate an image map so the portion of the image
> the blob will represent is also at the origin, and scale it up by a
> large amount, so the whole component is a single color. Doing this, you
> could make it *look* like each blob component has a solid color.

Great idea !

I have now tried this with an array of spheres. => See attached image.
Is this a well known technique ?

Now I have to go and try to use this on my antiblobs,
as Xplo Eristotle suggested.

> Using the eval_pigment() function would be much more elegant, though...

Yes, but .... :)

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom