POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What we really need, CMPEG in C source` : Re: What we really need, CMPEG in C source` Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What we really need, CMPEG in C source`
From: John VanSickle
Date: 4 Sep 2000 15:00:18
Message: <39B3F1FA.493DB9CC@erols.com>
Warp wrote:

>   You should note that mpeg_encode is about 10 times faster than
> cmpeg.

The docs for CMPEG say that it's written to run on an 8086 ("no '386 or
Windows required", say the docs).  That probably accounts for the
difference.

The IRTC, and the re-write of my mesh modeller, take up the bulk of
my free time, or else I'd work on a more modern version of CMPEG.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459