POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Need help with Avi setting! : Need help with Avi setting! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:38 EDT (-0400)
  Need help with Avi setting!
From: Rene
Date: 4 Sep 2000 05:35:16
Message: <39B36CD9.2D9BCB4@hotmail.com>
I'm trying to create an avi file from a sequence of images using the
freeware tool pjbmp2avi.exe!
I want these files to be played from a CD. I've tried Cinepak Codec with
the following settings: Compressionquality 100, Keyframe: 1, Datarate:
300 KB/s.

I've also tried other compressions but I can't get it to work. The file
is fine when started from the harddrive. I asume the player loads the
whole thing into memory first. It's just way to slow (0.2 fps!) when
running from CD (40x CD drive).

Any suggestions regarding alternate (free) tools for creating avi files
and which settings should best be used would be VERY helpful.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Rene