POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : One for "Uncle Ken" : Re: One for "Uncle Ken" Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:27:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One for "Uncle Ken"
From: Ken
Date: 4 Sep 2000 14:28:28
Message: <39B236BC.9580A43B@pacbell.net>
J Charter wrote:

> Thanks for the detailed response.
>
> Okay, so the 6 hrs refers to time spent on the logistics of actually building,
> labelling, testing, and up-loading the data as separate from time spent on the
> research end?

That about sums it up.

> And including the research it is 100's of hours / year
> which puts it roughly between 2 and 20 hours per week?

...or more. I have been a little less agressive this year because
of increaed job responsibilities but in past years I was easily
putting in the 20 hours a week plus.

> Can you estimate the proportion of links which come to you vs those you seek out?

The collection is currently an estimated 80% my own, the remainder
submitted material. Often the information provided by those submitting
the links is lacking so after visiting the site and verfying the
content I will expand on their discription.

> Besides trying to write up a ( Dilbert? ) project plan for you here, Ken, ( so we
can
> tell how well you've met your goals at year-end bonus time ),... I am interested
> because your list of links exists as a kind of paradigm for me, an example of a
place
> I go to frequently because of the quality/comprehensiveness of the information
there.

I appreciate the praise. I have endeavored to try to describe each link
where possible so that the collection is not only informative but also
meets the requirements of a searchable data base. It still needs a lot
of work but it is better than many I have seen offered.