POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Other kind of topics for IRTC? : Re: Other kind of topics for IRTC? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 01:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Other kind of topics for IRTC?
From: ryan constantine
Date: 1 Sep 2000 19:48:30
Message: <39B04005.A6444F99@yahoo.com>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 21:47:07 +0200, Adrien Beau wrote:
> >       No patch
> >
> >               The image are to be made of primitives
> >               and CSG. No triangles, no bezier patches.
>
> The non-POV entrants might not appreciate this one.
>
> Personally, I want to see the "patches only, no modelers allowed" contest.
what do you mean?  moray is a primitives only modeler.  the only way to
get anything else in the program is by making it into a udo.  (okay you
can make patches sort of, but it's hard).  aren't there other primitive
modelers as well?  i thought there were primitives in 3ds max and so
long as they aren't converted to triangles, they aren't.  same with
bryce i think.  maybe others.  but it's hard to tell from a final image
isn't it?