POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : TUTORIAL WRITERS: 10 Best CD, Tutorial uploading format? : Re: TUTORIAL WRITERS: 2nd proposal..... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TUTORIAL WRITERS: 2nd proposal.....
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 1 Sep 2000 10:27:04
Message: <39AFBB79.82156F65@my-dejanews.com>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Upwards of 200 to 300 people eh?  I was thinking it might pull in
> 50 at most, even only half that.  I'm thinking very coservatively I suppose.

Maybe I'm flattering the project, but if the IRTC Scifi round took 222 entries
because it was an "easy topic," then wouldn't this really be the easiest topic
ever?

Warp wrote:
>  One space is enough.
>  Of course the tutorial is sent zipped.

This option provides minimum headache for the editor, and minimum value to the
customer.

<opinionated customer hat ON>
    I wouldn't want to wade through a mess of ZIP's just in case there
    might be something of value. If I can look at an HTML file for a
    few secs or search by keywords, then it's of much greater value.
<opinionated customer hat OFF>

Yes, my vision for this and the whole CD was kind of like a webring layout.
Search tut's for keywords,  search images by render version, browse images by
country, look at all 3D toons in one place, etc...