POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : TUTORIAL WRITERS: 10 Best CD, Tutorial uploading format? : Re: TUTORIAL WRITERS: 2nd proposal..... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TUTORIAL WRITERS: 2nd proposal.....
From: ryan constantine
Date: 1 Sep 2000 03:00:09
Message: <39AF53D0.17B143A2@yahoo.com>
cds hold at least 540MB and can hold 700MB.  i record stuff all the
time.  i agree that a size limit, not a format limit should be set
instead.  in fact, i think that a self contained folder of limited size
is what should be submitted.  the first page should be called
index.html.  the folder should be called by the author's first initial
and last name with an underscore between them.  this way, links from the
cd's main tutorial page can be standard, each pointing to the correct
folder with no mention of filename (as index.*, and default.* are loaded
automatically by the browsers).  pictures are usually small if they are
in the tut, with links to larger images at key places.  i think this
method works well, hense my above opinion on size limit instead.

greg, maybe download some tut's from a few websites and see what they
involve MB size-wise and get back to us with your thoughts on it.