POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Parsing : Re: POV Parsing Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Parsing
From: David Fontaine
Date: 31 Aug 2000 15:27:06
Message: <39AEAF4C.9F410DAC@faricy.net>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Oh...I always called those "flow control keywords". I've never heard
> them called "control aids"...
> And I agree about goto, I have never used it. In fact, I barely ever use
> "break" outside of a switch statement...I think the first time was just
> yesterday, in the #set patch...and even there I considered using a while
> loop instead.

Yup...

> I don't recognize some of those keywords(elseif, endif, call, teehee),
> are they from a BASIC variant?

Yup, in BASIC you use endif to end an if and elseif instead of
else-if-endif, and call calls a function. BASIC is kinda stupid anyway...

> Hmm, the POV-Script list would be:
> #while, #if, #else, #switch, #case, #range, #macro, #end, #break...did I
> miss any?
> Oh, #include, I guess...and MegaPOV functions.

I suppose in POV #include can redirect flow like anything else, but not in
C.

--
David Fontaine   <dav### [at] faricynet>   ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website:  http://davidf.faricy.net/