POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : TUTORIAL WRITERS: 10 Best CD, Tutorial uploading format? : TUTORIAL WRITERS: 10 Best CD, Tutorial uploading format? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  TUTORIAL WRITERS: 10 Best CD, Tutorial uploading format?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 31 Aug 2000 09:12:45
Message: <39AE5893.A98056B7@my-dejanews.com>
As part of this benefit CD, we're going to offer an opportunity for
people to upload tutorials for inclusion on the CD.  I'm designing a web
page for the uploading of these files.   I want all entries to fall into
a standard format.  Any objections to requiring folks to do the
following for each  "entry":

one        HTML file
up to 5    320 x 240 JPGs
up to 5    TXT files for included scene files

Can all good tutorials ever written fall into these requirements?

Of course, if you have tips on media and clouds and blobs you can
(SHOULD) submit a separate entry for each lesson.  But the question is:
was there ever a tutorial that HAD TO have a 800x600 JPG?  I know I've
often referred to the "Super Lips" array of superellipsoids, but that's
already on a CD I'm wondering if it were rare to need this size.

Of course, I can offer a skeleton HTML file for those who are not HTML
literate.

Again, remember, that this discussion is about the TUTORIAL collection.
The contest and 10 best collections would be handled more closely to an
IRTC entry: no HTML files required.