POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Parsing : Re: POV Parsing Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Parsing
From: David Fontaine
Date: 30 Aug 2000 15:35:38
Message: <39AD5FCF.26443D3E@faricy.net>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> > Hmm, it takes 30 seconds to generate one layer of my dome, but each layer has
> > <300 pieces.
>
> Memory consumption is not directly related to the number of objects to
> generate...

Each layer takes just over 5 megs. 30 seconds to alocate that?? I've done scenes
where 10 megs are allocated in five seconds, because there is no CPU-intensive
parsing. Of course, comparing, say, POV to C, wouldn't be remotely fair, but I'd be
willing to bet even interpreted BASIC could run my code faster.

--
David Fontaine   <dav### [at] faricynet>   ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website:  http://davidf.faricy.net/