POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height field object of new type : Re: height field object of new type Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height field object of new type
From: matt giwer
Date: 29 Aug 2000 01:25:45
Message: <39AB49C1.18D11C03@ij.net>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:24:28 -0400, matt giwer wrote:
> >       I am suggesting a format alternative to an image file. This would be a
> >very simple data storage format, length, width, data. Single byte is
> >good enough for visualization. Lo hi byte data would be icing.
>
> That's what PPM is.

	No, it is decimal (three bytes or five bytes if it does 64k levels) and
whitespace delimited meaning an extra byte so either 4 or 6 per pixel.
TARGA at 256 grey levels is one byte per pixel.

	As I have said elsewhere, I need to do an animation as the ultimate and
given infinite disk space those differences are minor.

--
Vote for Senator Kelly http://www.mutantwatch.com/
Paid for by the Kelly2000 campaign committee