POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : List of povray versions : Re: List of povray versions Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: List of povray versions
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 28 Aug 2000 22:59:56
Message: <39AB2785.5CEE0039@istar.ca>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> BTW, have you ever seen Windows 3.0 on a orange monochrome monitor :-)
> </nostalgic>

I have never seen that colour reproduced on any non-monochrome monitor, and it's
a shame. That shade of gold has always been one of my all time favourites.

I think the problem is that those monitors produced gold purely, while modern
monitors try to cobble something together from rgb.

I set my xterms at work to gold on black, for nostalgia's sake.

Simon

PS: I ran Windows 2.0 on my gold monitor.