POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request : Re: Request Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request
From: ryan constantine
Date: 28 Aug 2000 14:12:30
Message: <39AAAB8E.60985C79@yahoo.com>
Peter Hertel wrote:

> What I'd like to be in v3.5 (in addition to megapov). I don't know advanced
> math, so these functions are mostly convenient stuff I'd like to see.
> I'd like a "preview mode", which made all the objects in a scene white, (and
> eventually random colors), removed lights, fog, etc.. A option you could
> turn on in the INI file maybe?

not only are there quality settings you can put in your ini file, but
you can also use your own variables to set your own settings.  for
example, #declare a variable called MyQuality or something and then use
#if to see what it is set to at various key places in your scene, using
it as a switch to turn features on or off.  There is also the
quick_color keyword which is used to specify a simple color for use in
previews rather than the full texture.