POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 72 Antiblobs (120kB + 22kB) : Re: 72 Antiblobs (120kB + 22kB) Server Time
29 Apr 2024 02:06:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 72 Antiblobs (120kB + 22kB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 26 Aug 2000 17:06:30
Message: <39A8304D.7AB99AA1@online.no>
Steve wrote:
> The solution's simple, d/l the newsgroups so that you can read
> them off line,

The off-line reading of these newsgroups from day to day
only takes about 10-20 minutes. And I do that in the
evenings at internet cafes.

Checking for NEW posts at these newsgroups is much
more exciting than doing nothing while I'm rendering !

> and get petrol generator so that you can plug
> a standard monitor in and use it with you'r notebook,

I would consider myself very weird if I bought
a petrol generator (or DC/AC voltage converter)
in order to be able to ray trace while driving !

> presumably you have something that allows you to plug the
> notebook into the car's cigarette lighter (to allow you to do
> renders that take more than on hour).

The ferries don't allow any engines to be running ...

And there is something wrong with the laptop battery:
It only lasts for about 15 minutes.

:(

Tor Olav
--