POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface web-pages : Re: Isosurface web-pages Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface web-pages
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Aug 2000 16:59:06
Message: <39A82FD5.6C91BA2F@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Quadhall wrote:

>     For those of you playing with Isosurfaces, I have created  a
> (as-of-yet-incomplete) collection of isosurface
> formulas.  It is located at:

Looks very interesting and well structured. NTL, you should consider some syntax
highlighting for the code parts (at least a different color for the comments).

BTW, i think such a collection always has to stay incomplete, as the
possibilities of isosurfaces are nearly unlimited, so don't worry about it.

> p.s.  All the formulas for the iso-objects posted were derived (by me) from
> scratch.  Any resemblance
>         to previously posted code is unintentional, but probably unavoidable
> due to the very basic nature
>         of these formulas.

I think nobody here would complain about using something like a simple
mathematical isosurface function from code posted here.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>