POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : converting rgb to spectra : Re: converting rgb to spectra Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: converting rgb to spectra
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 25 Aug 2000 03:32:01
Message: <39A62132.B898A45A@aetec.ee>
Chris Huff wrote:

> In article <39A2221F.B8F2E0D2@aetec.ee>, Vahur Krouverk
> <vah### [at] aetecee> wrote:
>
> > I've written conversion between RGB and HSV, HSL XYZ, xyY, YIQ color
> > spaces as C function in colour.c. (I've not tested it very much, hope I
> > haven't made too much mistakes in entering marrix constants). If someone
> > wants to add coversion support for POV-Ray language, then I can send
> > source code.
>
> Sounds interesting...could you post the conversion functions to
> povray.programming or povray.binaries.programming?

Ok, I'll do it after I complete this message.
povray.binaries.programming will be the group. I've made tests for
ensuring their correctness and I believe, that HSV, HSL and YIQ
conversions are correct (at least BMRT gave same output). Hopefully XYZ
and xyY are correct too, as they involve only matrix multiplication.