POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD : Re: ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 24 Aug 2000 04:28:04
Message: <39A4DC62.C6220A8B@buckosoft.com>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

>     a) 10 "Your Best" images;
>     b) 1 contest entry
>     c) several high quality tutorials.

I don't think you should accept IRTC entries, although there
is no legal reason for you not to.  The reason being that these
are already accounted for on a CD.

> Because this is going on a CD and sold the same way as an IRTC, the image
> should be a JPG with:
>    a) dimensions: width<= 800 ,  height <=600
>    b) file size <= 0.25 MB

BTW, there is no longer an image size restriction on IRTC images.

Have you considered including animations?  I would submit mine, which
i think is quite good. (1 minute 4 MBs)

dik