POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rerendering at higher resolutions : Re: Rerendering at higher resolutions Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rerendering at higher resolutions
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Aug 2000 17:10:17
Message: <39A43DE4.C514441@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Filiep Geeraert wrote:

[...]
> What I was wondering if there are other people that would be interested
> in those JPG files, and what the creators of those files would think if
> I made a website with some of there works of art :
>
> - at 3000x2000x16.7 million colours, with a 3:2 aspect ratio.
> - I would of course put the name of the person that created it next to
> it.

There is already a site with some larger version of IRTC images:

http://sh55k01.jvb.tudelft.nl/irtc/

Not the size you want, but it's somewhere on the way.

> Would they object to this ?
> I mean : on the one hand they're not my works of art, and they might
> object to the fact I am changing the aspect ratio.
> On the other I would respect their copyright by not pretending I created
> them, and by placing the names of the authors next to them.
> After all, anyone could rerender them and change them accordingly, as
> you can get the files from the IRTC archives.

You surely have to get permission from every single artist.

You should also remember, that the aspect ratio somehow is part of the work, so
you would also change the scene in some way.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>