POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD : Re: ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD
From: David Fontaine
Date: 23 Aug 2000 16:06:29
Message: <39A42CA0.36EA1B7C@faricy.net>
Ken wrote:

> I am not speaking for the POV-Team or David but I will add that
> the makers of LEGO have been known to actively pursue copyright
> infringment against others in the past and are not considered
> very tolerant of such activity (much like Disney). I would be
> very careful about how the scene is labled and that the word
> "LEGO" appears no where in the image.

As I am aware; that is why I would want to make fully sure. Now, as I understand, POV
is not-for-profit, and revenue generated by the CD would fund POV development and the
POV server upkeep, so the real question becomes, "Is it illegal to charge for
pictures of LEGO, or is it merely illegal to make profit on pictures of LEGO?"

--
David Fontaine   <dav### [at] faricynet>   ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website:  http://davidf.faricy.net/