POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD : Re: ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUCE: A CALL FOR IMAGES: A collection of pov-ray art on CD
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 23 Aug 2000 11:22:21
Message: <39A3EAF6.48E315F7@my-dejanews.com>
Ken wrote:

> I am not speaking for the POV-Team or David but I will add that
> the makers of LEGO have been known to actively pursue copyright
> infringment against others in the past and are not considered
> very tolerant of such activity (much like Disney). I would be
> very careful about how the scene is labled and that the word
> "LEGO" appears no where in the image.

Don't you mean "Lego (TM)" ?

This trademark frenzy America has gotten itself into is absurd.   I once saw a one
page sheet in the lobby of the corporation I work for. It told about the things we
make and the history of the plant for visitors.  Fully 20 percent of the words on the
page were disclaimers of trademarks: "Blahblah is a registered trademark of Blahdeco
Corporation."

Greg M. Johnson
Opinions solely those of myself.