POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Rebuilt pose2pov : OBJuvPOV Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:57:34 EDT (-0400)
  OBJuvPOV
From: Christophe Bouffartigue
Date: 23 Aug 2000 03:12:44
Message: <39A3796C.3E6CE5A5@nanterre.marelli.fr>
Cliff Bowman wrote:

> > I often use OBJuvPOV in conjonction with UVMapper, and it works
> > perfectly for me
> > (except that the camera and light location are generated with ','
> > instead of '.'
> > in the numbers (am I clear ??)...)
> >

> Possibly. It attempts to calculate reasonable light and camera positions
> based on the model. so, for example, for the Poser4 lo-resolution casual
> female (with no hair) exported as box.obj (for reasons too silly to go into)
> it produces the following .POV file (but without the annotations which I've
> added manually).

What I was talking about is the separator used between the int part and
decimal part of the floats int camera locations. On a french system,
this separator is a ',', not a '.'. I think that VB use the default
separator of the system to print floats, so my camera declaration was
somethong like that:

camera {
 location < 0,32145, 0,7521, -0,4582> // 5 ',' in a vector, POV doesn't
like that :)
 look_at < 0,32145, 0,7521, -0,00321>
}

and the same for light source locations....

For all the rest, it's a great program, and works almost perfectly. I
had a problem, once, with a mesh without normals, it generated a bad
mesh2, but using a conversion program to add normal information was the
solution....
So far, I've used OBJuvPOV to convert OBJ mesh that comes from various
3D software (Lightwave esentially, after conversion in OBJ), but last
night, I've converted my first real Poser OBJ file, and all was OK, so,
one more time: IT'S A GREAT PROG !!!!

I'll get the zip without VB runtime, and I'll try this tonight.

Thanks a lot.

Bouf.