POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blasted infernal image maps III : Blasted infernal image maps III Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Blasted infernal image maps III
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 21 Aug 2000 09:23:05
Message: <39A12C03.67836EED@my-dejanews.com>
I want a mesh object to have a texture, say
    #declare Texture001= .........................

And then to have an image map applied as a decal in one small place on
it. (Application: a serial number on a military object).

How do I do this?

Simply puting an image map ontop of or after the texture declaration
makes the whole object transparent!

Also, what should the image be?  I want a text decal, so I made it a TGA
in a paint program, where I "masked out" the non-letter parts of the
image.

BTW I did RFTM. It is _____________.