POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My own raytracer, need some docs... : Re: My own raytracer, need some docs... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My own raytracer, need some docs...
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 19 Aug 2000 11:34:50
Message: <399EA958.52093EC9@yahoo.com>
> If all cylinder objects have the same texture why do you apply this
> texture to each object? I would rather make a union and apply the
> texture to the whole union object.

I tried that...  the only thing it helped was to reduce the size of the file a
few kbytes... big deal... didn't speed anything up...

BTW, I could use something like opengl... but one day... my cylinders might
become glass cylinder and then I would like to be able to do some refraction...
impossible with opengl... only possible with a raytracer... and then again I
talked about Millions of cylinder...  one day I might need Billions and so
on...  Adding hardware to help the process isn't a solution, I must change the
process itself...

Thank you all for your suggestions, but what I need is documentation about
"creating a raytracer"...

Thanks,
	Simon

--