POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My own raytracer, need some docs... : Re: My own raytracer, need some docs... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:01:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My own raytracer, need some docs...
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 18 Aug 2000 19:51:07
Message: <399DCCBD.74DECA@mailbag.com>
Simon Lemieux wrote:

>         My scene has no light, nothing else than a few millions of cylinders all the
> same texture.

(snip)

>         I am very interested in Povray, but sometimes I would need a specific
tool...

Given that your scene has no light, I'm not convinced that the tool you
need is a ray tracer.  If you were doing ten million shiny cylinders on
a checkerboard, maybe.  I might suggest considering a different
algorithm if you're not going to be doing anything fancy with lighting.

-Mark Gordon