POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Optimizing CSG : Optimizing CSG Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:06:58 EDT (-0400)
  Optimizing CSG
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 18 Aug 2000 09:45:44
Message: <399D3D0B.8BD1A06C@xs4all.nl>
I have an origami-object that is made with CSG. Every fold is a new sit of
clipping and rotating. I have made some aeroplanes this way and it works out
fine. The trouble is, they're terribly slow to render. I understand that since
each new manipulation cuts the object up in more parts the problem is here
somewhere. I have tried optimizing it but nothing seems to make a significant
difference. I think I'm overlooking something obvious, perhaps it would help if
I did something with bounding boxes but all the things I have tried didn't work
or at least not very well.
I have posted a scene file to binaries.scene-files hoping someone will check it
out and be able to make it work faster. I've commented out some light_sources
and that helps but not really very much.

Regards,

Remco