POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Everyone should read this : Re: Everyone should read this Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Everyone should read this
From: Ken
Date: 14 Aug 2000 10:26:44
Message: <3998013D.5DB27F39@pacbell.net>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> Didn't Ken sort of take some pre-existing lists and make them his own?

Nope. Ken started by bookmarking links found in USENET messages, people's
sig links, from search engines, hundreds of hours of searching through
various freeware/shareware sites, and from links submitted to him from
people who heard that he was collecting links. In all but a few cases
they were added one by one but on those occasions where I found a
useful collection of POV-Ray related links on someone else's page I
took the time to visit each site on the list, bookmarked it, and then
added my own comments to the link itself. My collection is a labor of
love that is, to the best of my knowledge, wholly my own.

I have however found my collection mirrored in totality on some
other POV-Ray related websites a couple of which were done without
my permission. At first I was really pissed off about it but I
decided that since I was still serving the POV-Ray community, even
without the credit, that I wasn't going to let it bother me.