POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Everyone should read this : Re: Everyone should read this Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Everyone should read this
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Aug 2000 09:57:20
Message: <3997fac0@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote in message
| Didn't Ken sort of take some pre-existing lists and make them his own?

Not that I ever noticed, or recall anything about it!  gasp...

| If someone were to take without credit our friend's artwork or political
| rantings or news photography, I'd be at the head of the mob. It is really
hard
| for me to find very many tears for the "loss" of credit for a list of free
| links.

Don't know which was first, the chicken or the egg.   I never do.
This is a bit uncanny though that the possibility of two nearly identical
web pages exist and both people claim them to be uniquely there own making.
What surprised me was that they were so much alike, even identical, not
something you see everyday unless it's a mirrored site or something.  Were
the info collected and redone you would expect to see plenty of personal
changes.  As it is I don't see any real differences.  Only other possibility
is that both people could have started from yet another source which had the
format seen there with the alphabet correlation to the link types.  But
still, so much the same?  Someone had to be first at least, which is what
Diego is claiming.
Anyway, as you are saying Greg, it's only links for all to use.  Not a major
problem seems to me either.  However the web page duplication sort of thing
is kind of a problem.  Hope they manage to find a harmonious resolve.

Bob