POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug in superellipsoid : Re: Bug in superellipsoid - Need help Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:01:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in superellipsoid - Need help
From: Dieter Gaffrey
Date: 14 Aug 2000 04:58:13
Message: <3997B4A3.4717C3E@gaffrey.de>
Dear all,

just this weekend in this newsgroup I wanted to post for help
- with my superellipsoids.

Luckily, I see that this bug has already been discussed.

As I am not very deeply involved with POVRAY,
can anyboldy help me with my special problem?

I had rebuild a real tree with the surface of each main branch
represented by such an ellipsoid. With the intention to
create an animation with the camera turning clockwise
round the tree this resulted in some "catastrophic" photos.

The anim can be found in p.b.a. (Bugs in tree anim with superellipsoids).

What shall I do? Omitting them is one but not very good
solution giving annoying jerks.

I am using POV 3.1g (Windows). Is there in the source code
*dmin = tmin;
*dmax = tmax;
to be removed, too?

Thanks for all help!

Dieter

University of Goettingen, Faculty of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology
Institute of Forest Biometry and Informatics
Dr. Dieter Gaffrey                              | Phone: +49 (0)551 393460
Buesgenweg 4                                    | Fax:    +49 (0)551 393465
37077 Goettingen, Germany               | http://www.uni.gaffrey.de