POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anybody know this site? : Re: Anybody know this site? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anybody know this site?
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 13 Aug 2000 16:40:40
Message: <399707DB.C0075861@kivisalo.net>
Chris Huff wrote:

> > u is the density/potential at (x,y,z).
>
> Simply the field value? Then this is nothing more than a kind of 3D
> convolution matrix...right? Basically a blurring operation.

One iteration of the linear system is just a blur which can be seen
from the bevel mode example pictures. When the change between iterations
drops below tolerance that's the solution for the Laplace equation.

> > The whole volume must
> > be solved at once so it's impossible solve just one point at a time.
>
> Are you sure about this?

That math book I mentioned only spoke about methods using linear systems
of equations and iteration. There may be other numerical methods geared
towards applications other than electrical engineering. Look for them using
laplace, poisson , differential, numerical.

K.K.