POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Non-linear transforms : Re: Non-linear transforms Server Time
9 Aug 2024 08:59:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Non-linear transforms
From: Francois Dispot
Date: 12 Aug 2000 18:13:37
Message: <3995CC0F.FB8CE0BE@club-internet.fr>
ingo wrote:

> Could you use the object pattern here and use it as a function?

I don't think so.
The object pattern gives only two possible values and I'm not sure the
isosurface algorithm would appreciate. Eg. if the function returns 0
outside and 1 inside, a threshold of 0 would probably give the whole
container, .5 would give nothing and 1 would give "something" inside the
object. This is why I used the proximity pattern with a very small
treshold.

Anyway I'll give it a try.

--