POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anybody know this site? : Re: Anybody know this site? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:06:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anybody know this site?
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 12 Aug 2000 08:37:33
Message: <39954523.5752D334@kivisalo.net>
ingo wrote:

> I like your Level Connector.
> It makes me wonder, would something like this also be possible in 3d-
> space?

I like to think this as a simple electrical potential, so it can
be extented to 3d. Time and memory consumption would be too high
with the iterative method currently used. FFT would be more efficient
way to solve the potential field. I have to think about this :)

Just as in 2d the input and solution would be discrete. In 3d
that would be discrete volumes of densities. I can see this
had media applications but not sure if it can be used for surface
generation, maybe with isosurface functions.

Can someone lend me a Cray for the 3D FFT calculations :)

K.K.