POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POV-Ray 3.1 to other file formats - a possible solution : Virtual Realiy Server Time
29 Apr 2024 08:09:07 EDT (-0400)
  Virtual Realiy
From: Abe Heckenbach
Date: 11 Aug 2000 18:55:39
Message: <39948909.45456251@vrml.k12.la.us>
Hey all,

what is up?? My name is Abe Heckenbach, and I am a newbie to these newsgroups.
I have only recently(past 3 months) gotten into ray tracing, and I think is is
awesome(Who doesn't??). I am particularly interested in real-time ray tracing
for the purpose of virtual reality.  Seems impossible... I know, but maybe its
not, hardware is getting faster every day, and I'm sure there are software
speed-ups that haven't been figured out yet(in fact I have a few ideas myself!)

I'm interested in joining the POV-team to discuss ray tracing techniques, and
help develop povray(I'm kinda new the C programming also, but I catch on quick,
actually my first C program was a ray tracer to test one of my ideas, but I
have been programming other languages for years, like java(and before that
perl,basic,unix shell scripts,ect.))

I would like to start a group, website and corresponding newsgroup, to discuss
virtual reality, (everything necessary to a finished VRE Setup(hardware and
software requirements), but completely from a theoretical point of view)
If anyone is willing to host something like that let me know. If anyone is
interested in any of this let me know, I would like to discuss it with people).

Later,
    Abe H.
    abe### [at] vrmlk12laus