POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anyone read this? : Re: Anyone read this? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone read this?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 11 Aug 2000 09:38:33
Message: <399401d9@news.povray.org>
> I still say displacement-mapping a mesh is a modeller feature, since it
simply
> transforms the mesh vertices (at least I presume Max does it that way).

Well not really... It does in the modeller, but as soon as you render it
does a full adaptive mesh so that the displacement looks perfect, but allows
you to work on it quickly in viewports.  It has several methods that you can
set it to use when it goes to render, like spatial, curve based, and of
course it works on NURBS too.

--
Lance

The Zone