POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cloud technique ???? : Re: Cloud technique ???? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:04:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud technique ????
From: Mike
Date: 10 Aug 2000 11:57:25
Message: <3992D0E8.24428FA6@aol.com>
>For example: seperate rendering of clouds, sky gradient, sun glow
(media), lens
>flare and combining them with post_process.

I was pondering how to do this and the clouds, sky, and sun are easy
enough to do.  The only thing left was the lens flare and sun glow, but
notice that in the cloud program the flare and glow vary with the sun
intensity through the clouds.  Could post_process read the filter value
of the sun through the clouds and use this to adjust the intensity of
those?

>It's definitely worth trying, but on the other hand, the light does not

>influence the clouds directly in this technique, so it can't simulate
the
>"glowing" of clouds on the side directed towards the sun.

Double sided shading should take care of this.  The diffuse highlight
showing from the back side of a large sphere would create the glow.

-Mike