POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature request: 'Open' cylinder with inner radius. : Feature request: 'Open' cylinder with inner radius. Server Time
9 Aug 2024 08:59:26 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request: 'Open' cylinder with inner radius.
From: Alan
Date: 10 Aug 2000 06:55:38
Message: <39928a2a@news.povray.org>
Hello, all.

Doing a lot of CSG work has prompted this request.  Whenever I require an
'open' cylinder that has some thickness to it's 'walls', I need to do a CSG
construct, e.g.:

difference {
    cylinder {y*-1 y*1 1}
    cylinder {y*-2 y*2 0.5}
    texture {i_can't_believe_its_not_butter}
}

Would it be possible to create a command that's a cross between cylinder and
disc so that I can specify an inner radius for an 'open' cylinder without
going CSG?

Many thanks,
Alan.