POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Matching braces, brackets and parentheses : Re: Matching braces, brackets and parentheses Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:02:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matching braces, brackets and parentheses
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 10 Aug 2000 04:17:55
Message: <39926563.E89F4CCF@aetec.ee>

> Is there a way in the window editor to highlight matching <>{}() : When
> your cursor is close to one opening brace {, the editor make the
> matching closing brace blink or highlight or whatever. ( as found in
> many editors in Windows or Unix)
>
> When using a texture or a function with countless (){}, it is easy to be
> lost when POV tells you that they do not match.
>
> Cheers
>
> Fabien

You can use Search/Match Brace (or Ctrl-] as shortcut). This is not as
good as highlighting, for it moves cursor to matching brace, but it
helps sometimes.
Only problem here is that this shortcut does not work with national
keyboard, as for getting ] character AltGr has to be pressed and instead
of matching I get ] when pressing Ctrl-AltGr-].