POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media and MegaPOV : media and MegaPOV Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:02:21 EDT (-0400)
  media and MegaPOV
From: David
Date: 9 Aug 2000 22:49:15
Message: <3992182b@news.povray.org>
I am trying to recreate a flashlight and using media and photons to make the
beam more realistic.  I'm not worried about the photons at the moment, and
plan on working and tweaking the media.  When I add a plane above the head
of the flashlight, the media seem sto "disappear".  Here is the code:  Does
anyone know why this happens, and how I can fix it?

#version unofficial MegaPov 0.4;
#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

media { scattering { 1, rgb 0.75} }

/*global_settings
{
  photons
  {
    count 20000
    autostop 0
    jitter .4
  }
} */

#declare basic_head =

lathe
{
  quadratic_spline
  5
  <0.0, -1.0>,
  <0.75, -1.3>,
  <1.35, -0.9>,
  <1.75, 0.2>,
  <1.9, 1.5>

}

camera
{
  location <1.0, 3.0, -10.0>
  look_at <0, 1.0, 0>
}

union
{
  object { basic_head  pigment { rgb <1.0, 0.0, 0.0> }  finish  { ior 1.25
phong 1.25} }
  object { basic_head texture { Polished_Chrome } scale 0.97 translate
y*0.05}
  light_source
  {
    0.25*y rgb 2.0
    media_interaction on
  }
}

plane
{
  y, -3.5
  pigment { rgb 1*y }
}

// This is the plane that is giving me problems
plane
{
  y, 10
  pigment { rgb 1*y }
}

// Used to increse the overall lighting of the scene
light_source
{
  <2, 2, -5>  rgb 1.0
  media_interaction off