POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity test #2 70 kbu : Re: Oh, come on, you guys... Server Time
17 May 2024 22:09:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh, come on, you guys...
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 9 Aug 2000 05:24:17
Message: <39912341@news.povray.org>
> Don't get me wrong.. he's a badass mutha and I know it as well as the
> rest of you. That city pic he did for the IRTC made me weep like a
> little girl. But this is NOT an awesome pic, nor does it look even
> remotely photographic. It's just a radiosity test with a bunch of simple
> primitives scattered around. I'll grant that it's interesting, but most
> of us could probably have made it ourselves. All I'm saying is, show
> some sense of perspective.

you may feel that whenever Gilles posts, we all go crazy, and usually with
good reason.

as for the recent rad test images, we got so excited about those, because
quite a few of us have been playing with rad lighting, and Gilles happens to
have done a better job than most of us had managed (not for lack of trying)

if those images had been posted by anyone else (source included!), we would
have been equally happy :))

you try suffering with long render times for a few days, desperately trying
to accomplish a particular technique with only some success, then someone
gives you the moon on a stick. and tells you exactly how he did it.

Rick