POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : High quality animations : Re: High quality animations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High quality animations
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 8 Aug 2000 10:23:07
Message: <399017D7.C7CE1EA9@yahoo.com>
> > > Is there on the net some software to create high quality animation ? By
> > > high quality, I mean close to the VOB files found on DVDs.
> > > I tried avi with a conversion to MPEG ( with avi2mpg1 : Thanks Ken), but
> >
> > Have you tried mpeg2encode?  I found it's one of the best encoder, but it's for
> > linux...
> > There is no limitation and you can tweak the parameters to get a very compressed
> > but still high in quality animation...
>
> I have built mpeg2encode for Windows with png support.
> http://www.buckosoft.com/gallery/tools/mpeg2/
> I can't get it to make a decent animation.  Oh sure, it starts out like gangbusters
> but after a 100 frames or so, whenever i hit some high motion scene (rotate the
> camera on the y) it craps out with underruns and overruns.  I can get a valid
> MPEG-1 out of it, but it looks like dung compared to mpegencode.
>
> Can you share one of your parameter files?

Sure!  Here this setting works for MPEG-2 stream and will give underuns and
overruns if the frames Aren't 512x384...  I've tweaked it so...  you might have
to tweak it yourself for your settings...

The things I've discovered you can tweak are:
/* horizontal_size */
/* vertical_size */
/* bit_rate (bits/s) */
/* vbv_buffer_size
/* display_horizontal_size */
/* display_vertical_size */

Set you Sizes and then tweak the bit_rate for a Maximum of quality (don't look
at the result just give a very big number) and then adjust the vbv_buffer_size
so there is no underruns or overruns...
overruns means the bit_rate is too high for the vbv_buffer  and underrun means
the opposite...

I don't know if what I said is true...  I've asked a lot of question about it
and nobody seemed to know it...  the mpeg2encode website is not working so, I
guessed it all by myself...

Here take a look at my movie.par I will actually use for this IRTC Animation
round...

Hope this helps,
	Simon Lemieux

Post a reply to this message