POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speaking of 3DS Max... : Re: Speaking of 3DS Max... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of 3DS Max...
From: Fabien Hénon
Date: 8 Aug 2000 17:59:46
Message: <39900683.99E9B3A6@club-internet.fr>
I knew that this statement would start quick answers.
The great thing about 3DSMAX is that its modelling capabilities allow
almost anything.
In my opinion ( and that's mine only), only Rhino does better.
Of course it's all a question of how well you know the deepest recesses
of the modeller/software.
Maya is said to be good as well, but it's a lot harder to master.

But when it comes to render quality, I still think that POV ( and Megapov
with its new features : photons & isosurfaces ~~shaders a la BMRT) is
better for still pictures.
3DSMAX is great for animation.