POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Irtc : Re: Irtc Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irtc
From: Lance Birch
Date: 8 Aug 2000 01:39:13
Message: <398f9d01@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:
> Lance Birch wrote:
>
> > Unless of course he somehow got a pre-release of Arnold (messiah:render)
>
> Would you know how long the Arnold images take to render ? I'm also
wondering
> why all the examples have a limited color range : is this on purpose or
the
> result of some limitation ? Anyway, they're probably the best I've seen so
far
> (in terms of lighting).

I'm not sure how long it takes to render but apparently it's fairly fast
(but I haven't seen it in action rendering).  The color range is mostly due
to having a high color bleed level (thus the background color is making it
look bland) and the artist's choice in those samples.  It can actually do
any kind of illumination model, such as surfaces that emit light etc, so
there isn't any limitation on it.  Also, right now the renderer is still
being written for MAX, so support for refraction, reflection, and true
caustics will come soon (these features are already implemented into the
Lightwave plugin version of the renderer and they look very realistic).

The radiosity is its real selling point so far though, and its depth of
field and camera grain functions.

--
Lance

The Zone