POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature request - density file : Feature request - density file Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:09:53 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request - density file
From: Rune
Date: 5 Aug 2000 05:14:30
Message: <398bdaf6@news.povray.org>
I really would like to be able to use an image as a pattern without having
to create a df3 file first. Something like:

pigment {density_file tga "filename.tga" [interpolate Type]
[PIGMENT_MODIFIERS...] }

From the POV-Ray documentation:
"The syntax provides for the possibility of implementing other formats in
the future."

I hope other formats will be implemented then.

Until then, is there a program that can convert an image (tga, png, or
something) into a df3? I know of Df3Maker, but that's not what I need here.

Greetings,

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated July 23)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org