POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speaking of 3DS Max... : Re: Speaking of 3DS Max... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of 3DS Max...
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 8 Aug 2000 04:54:26
Message: <398FCAEC.978F3527@aetec.ee>
Fabian BRAU wrote:

[Snip]
> For those who don't believe me just look the quality of
> the images I posted in the images group. This image just
> show the quality of the renderer not the modeler. But
> anyone know that the modeler of commercial product are
> very impressive (just search for site which contain monster
> etc.. made with 3ds, there are plenty :)).

I think that from certain level up there is no difference really, which
engine is used for rendering, it comes more to artistical skill. POV-Ray
has reached this level, so are other commercial applications. For
example of other renderer's output look to this TrueSpace picture:
http://www.caligari.com/gallery/images/images99/october99/winner.html
or
http://www.caligari.com/gallery/images/images99/october99/image03.html

I'm sure, that such picture could be done in other renderers as well, so
there should be just good idea and it's all up to user. Discussion a la
"XXX renderer's output is not as good as YYY's one" sounds more like
holy war.

Just my 0.02