POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speaking of 3DS Max... : Re: Speaking of 3DS Max... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:07:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of 3DS Max...
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 7 Aug 2000 22:31:00
Message: <398F62DD.B3DA58CB@peak.edu.ee>
Doug Eichenberg wrote:

> That's a bold statement Fabien!  I've seen some very impressive stuff
> from 3DSMax (and it better be good for what they charge).

Bear in mind that Max offers modelling facilities very few POVers have access
to. I'm sure that in *most* cases POV has the potential to outmatch 3DSMax, in
terms of overall rendering quality and accuracy.
Also, the majority Max images you find on the net are created by handsomely-paid
professional artists, while POV users are predominantly amateur enthusiasts with
limited time and resources.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee