POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Emotio Engine : Food for dream : Re: Emotio Engine : Food for dream Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:07:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emotio Engine : Food for dream
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 7 Aug 2000 22:20:13
Message: <398F6053.22435E5E@peak.edu.ee>

> "15 times faster than a 400-MHz Celeron at handling tasks like full-motion
> video"

Yeah, well I'm not sure that is really a fair comparison. Celeron and its like
are much more general processors, and Celeron is far from ideally suited for
high-bandwidth video. I'm sure a similar speed advantage exists for video cards
with hardware accelerated FMV. Speaking from my innate wisdom only, but isn't
the PS2 processor a combination of general-purpose and video processor?
Anyway, the PS2 is indeed impressive. It's just that to me a console screams
"toy", whatever its processing power ;)

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee