POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : filter_applyer2 : Re: filter_applyer2 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:30:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: filter_applyer2
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 3 Aug 2000 14:37:57
Message: <3989BA7C.C612517B@skynet.be>
Chris Huff wrote:

> In article <3988dbd9$1@news.povray.org>, "Gibus"
> <gib### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
>
> > The parsing time is a bit long but you can accelerate it with a
> > parameter.This is why i want to write it in C.
>
> You might want to look at the source for the post_process patch in
> MegaPOV, it is quite easy to add new filters.

What could be nice is to be able ask POV-Ray to write the gathered
depth and normal info into a bitmap file, and then being able to
either use it as Gibus does, or simply specifying a post_process
command, without the need to recompute the whole image...

(or is it already possible ?  Did I miss something ?)

Fabien.