POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Move fast then slow down? : Move fast then slow down? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Move fast then slow down?
From: Shawn S
Date: 2 Aug 2000 20:00:16
Message: <3988B602.BAF223EA@acns.fsu.edu>
I'm very new to povray(less than two weeks) but I'm making great
strides. I just need help with one part of an animation that I doing.
Here is the code and see if you can help me out with the last part
please. (the ? is at the bottom)

   #if ( clock <= 1 )
    camera { location <1.4, 11.5, .11>
             look_at <1.4, 0, .11>
      translate <0,-clock*9,0>
      }

    #else
     #if (clock <= 2)
      #declare Clock1 = clock -1;
      camera { location <1.4, 1.70, .11>
              look_at <1.4, 0, 1>
     rotate <Clock1*-65,0 , 0>
     //translate <0, -clock*1,0>

       }
     #else
      #if (clock >2)
       #declare ElseClock = clock - 2;

       camera { location <1.4,.9, -1.5>
               look_at <1.4, .9, 1>
        translate <0,0,-2*1>
        rotate <0,0,0> }

     #end
     #end
     #end
 I want the camera to move back fast at first but then slow down. Can
anyone help me out. Also(This isn't as bad a problem) can anyone suggest
on how to smooth out the whole operation. There is a text object  that
the camera dives down on the rotates back to show the message then I
want to to fly off backwards then slowdown. If I'm not getting my point
across email me at

sjs### [at] garnetacnsfsuedu

Thanks
    Shawn