POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Trouble making lighted windows : Re: Trouble making lighted windows Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:50:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trouble making lighted windows
From: Ken
Date: 2 Aug 2000 11:17:10
Message: <398839BA.E68F55B7@pacbell.net>
Chuck Roberts wrote:

> I want to make a round space command deck with lighted windows. I
> am using Moray 3.2 and POV 3.1g. So I thought "Just make a hollow
> sphere, put a point light inside, and cut out some cubic
> windows." That didn't work. How can I do this? Here's my POV
> file.

Using the keyword "hollow" does not make a sphere hollow. That keyword
is only there to allow media and fog to be used inside of an object.
To truly make the object hollow you will need to difference out
another sphere from the first.

See -
http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/languageVFAQ.html#hollowobjects