POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : for those who don't have divx : Re: for those who don't have divx Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: for those who don't have divx
From: Peter Toneby
Date: 31 Jul 2000 08:41:09
Message: <398573E5.37E3AC3@acc.umu.se>
Warp wrote:

>   And is it available for Solaris?

No, but it actully works in Linux, with some help from wine ;)

and to answer Bobs question, I don't think it handles much more than
it's own mediatype, but that is the case with most codecs. As to
differences against other codecs, DivX;-) (yes the smiley is in the
name, since DivX is a format/program/driver/whatever for pay per view
movies, and they have shut down now), gives better compression and at
the same quality. Unfourtunatly it's NOT crossplatform, so I don't
recommend it for animations you want as many people as possible to see.

/Peter Toneby